Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dear Universe:

when did I become so lame? I mean really, I used to be fun! Energetic! Enthused! Adventurous! This weekend you gave me a chance to spend 24 uninterrupted hours with my husband, away from the kids, and all I wanted to do was sleep...and then get back to the kids! What cruel irony.


Is there a way to get my "old self" back, within the framework of my current life? Will my wild-n-crazy fun side ever come back for a visit? Lately, my version of what's "fun" is planning a 1st birthday party; going to the pumpkin patch in Denver; staying up until 10p to be able to watch Grey's and Private Practice. Friday and Saturday nights are reduced to seeing how quickly we can get to bed to catch up on rest from the week. Didn't it used to be the other way around???


Speaking of my "old self", can you do anything about the wrinkles forming around my eyes, forehead, mouth? Can you help a little with the jiggleinthemiddle that's formed after the babes? A little lift here and there wouldn't hurt - "the girls" have really taken a hit from the breastfeeding & pumping! Hey, remember when I had great boobs?

Oh, Universe, your cruel ways. Are you trying to teach me a lesson? Yes, it's all worth it. Yes, I love my family. Yes, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat to have my babies. Yes, I'd sacrifice even more to have a healthy and happy family, as I do today. And yes, I'm even starting to miss the sleepless nights holding and rocking my precious bundles back to sleep. But seriously, I'm missing all the other stuff too - like when I wasn't so lame.

Respectfully yours (I'm afraid),
Amy

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Not so lame... just getting older. My girls are teenagers now and my adverturous side is coming back.