Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rice is constipating!!!

Sonja had her first taste of rice cereal yesterday. Most of it ended up on her NY Mets bib, but she sure was excited about it. She kept pulling my hands toward her and gnawing on the spoon! Having her so interested in food keeps us hopeful that someday soon she will be off the feeding tube.

Boy is she constipated though...not that she ate enough rice to make a difference. The poor thing turns purple trying to push! I know, I know. That's about the last thing you want to read about Sonja, but hey, we don't ever talk much about anything other than eating and pooping in a house with a baby, a toddler, and a huge dog!!!

I'll post the pictures and video of Sonja eating as soon as I can.

Oh, and Anya's saying "dammit" now. It's very difficult not to react to a soon-to-be 3 year-old whispering "dammit" under her breath as she's trying to open the difficult lid to her Play-Doh. I almost pee'd in my pants trying to hold in my laughter. When she looked up and found me crying, she asked "What's wrong, Mommy?" This is what makes parenting so enjoyable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So precious!! I have heard some similar things from my kids...I feel like I am so in the dark on Sonja...I didn't realize until recently the extent of her condition. She and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts. Sending lots of love your way!!